Top 10 "Natural Ingredients" to Avoid
Posted on 01 February 2017
Not all "natural products" are the same. According to the Environmental Working Group, the average woman uses 12 products daily containing 168 different ingredients. In the last decade, there has been an explosion of natural products and claims. Some 'natural products' are simply not "truly natural." Some have been tested on animals or are made with synthetic substitutes for the natural ingredient. Below is a short list of the Top 10 synthetics most commonly found in 'natural products' that you can avoid.
TOP 10 List of Synthetics Found in "Natural Products" and Why to Avoid Them
- Sodium Benzoate - Organ System Toxicity (non-reproductive), tested on animal
- Glyceryl Stearate - Synthetic tested on animals
- Cetearyl Alcohol - Data gaps in ecotoxicology, tested on animals
- Sodium Stearoyl Lacty - Sodium salt of the stearic acid esteroflactyladate, Synthetic ested on animals
- Potassium Sorbate - Organ System Toxicity (non-reproductive), tested on animals
- Squalane - Data gaps, ecotoxicology; primarily derived from animals,synthetic, tested on animals.
- Glyceryl Monocaprylate - Enhanced skin absorpton, Data gaps Glyceryl Caprylate is a monoester glycerin and caprylenic acid
- Glyceryl Monoundecy - Enhanced skin absorpton, Data gaps Glyceryl Caprylate is a monoester glycerin and caprylenic acid, synthetic
- Sodium Borate - Multiple additive exposure sources,organ system toxicity (non reproductive)
- Citric Acid - Data gaps. Citric acid is naturally found in citric fruits and juices, providing the characteristic acidic taste, synthetic, tested on animals